Crock Pot Beef Stew

Before making this dish, the only stew that I had ever really had was the Dinty Moore stuff.  I actually like Dinty Moore, (for not being homemade) but I wanted to try a homemade version.... since homemade is usually better with this kind of stuff.  Here's the recipe I tried:


Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 (1 pound) package baby carrots
3 potatoes, peeled and cut
2 pounds of pre-cut stew meat
1 cup beef stock
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon  pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 onion, diced
1 rib celery, cut up
1 can green peas

Directions:
Put all ingredients into crock pot in the order listed.  Stir just enough to mix spices.  Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6 hours.  Remove bay leaf, and serve.


This was pretty good, though it was very similar to just having a roast.... (with potatoes and carrots) except that it was maybe not quite as good as a roast?  My husband actually liked it better than a roast though, so we had kind of mixed opinions on this recipe.  I will probably make it again, though not super often.  

I changed it by adding corn instead of peas and not adding the celery or bay leaf.  We're not huge celery fans, and I didn't have a bay leaf.  :-)



Crock Pot Beef Stew Crock Pot Beef Stew Reviewed by Carly on 10:19:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments