Crock Pot Thai Chicken Thighs

This was the first time I ever attempted to make Thai food.  I love Thai food, so hopefully I'll find some more yummy Thai recipes to try!  (I'm looking for a good Thai curry recipe, so if anyone finds one, please share!)  Anyway, here's the recipe:


Ingredients

How to make it

  • 1.Put all ingredients in crockpot on low 6-8 hours(mine was done in about 5-1/2 hours)
  • 2.Garnish with cilantro,scallions and peanuts.
  • 3.Serve with jasmine rice made with 1/2 coconut milk and 1/2 water(1 c raw rice,1 c coconut milk,1 c water)
  • I added 1 tsp Sriracha
  • If you want to try this and don't have a crockpot,bake at 350 for about 1 hour or so.


This recipe made me nervous because it calls for peanut butter and that seemed super weird and gross.  I was brave though and made this dish exactly as it calls for.  (I used creamy peanut butter).  I actually kinda liked it!  It wasn't amazing, and was definitely a little weird, but the flavor was unique and I liked that.  It doesn't really taste peanut butter-y....the peanut butter mostly just makes it creamy.  Overall, I'd recommend it if you like Thai food, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have a family of picky eaters! 

Crock Pot Thai Chicken Thighs Crock Pot Thai Chicken Thighs Reviewed by Carly on 8:23:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments