Rolo Cookies

I always debate whether or not to post recipes that I didn't really like, but then always end up doing so because I want to remember what I didn't like about it.  Sometimes I even find ways to change it so that I do like it.  Besides, just because I didn't like it doesn't mean that someone else won't.  Anyway, this recipe looked beyond amazing.  I love cookies, chocolate, and Rolo's, so it seemed natural that I'd be a huge fan of these:


1 pkg. Rolo's
1 box Devils Food Cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs. Take a small ball of dough and form a ball around the rolo. (Only use enough dough to cover the rolo so it can spread through the cookie.)

Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes. Yields about 3 dozen.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.


I actually usually like cake mix cookies, but for some reason, these cookies just didn't do it for me.  I ended up thinking, "Dang, I just wasted a bunch of Rolos."  Sad.  Perhaps I'm just not a fan of Devil's Food cake mix cookies?  That was actually the part of the cookie I didn't like.  I actually think that if I had put the Rolos in regular chocolate chip cookie dough, (without the chocolate chips) I would have been a much bigger fan.  I won't be making these again using this specific recipe, but I do want to continue my hunt for some awesome Rolo cookies.


Rolo Cookies Rolo Cookies Reviewed by Carly on 12:15:00 PM Rating: 5

5 comments

  1. I have made these cookies before but with chocolate cake mix and they are SO much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if maybe the specific cake mix I used was the problem. I'll have to retry it with chocolate. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hmm...I wonder if you could use red velvet cake mix to make something yummy like this... PS-I was making a red velvet bundt cake a couple weeks ago and knew I'd seen a recipe somewhere but could remember where. Sure enough when I googled it, your blog came up. :) It turned out delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim that's awesome! I love that recipe.
    Do you have a blog?? I want to follow!

    ReplyDelete