Buffalo Chicken Nachos

In our house, we love anything buffalo flavored. I seriously always have at least two or three bottles of buffalo wing sauce in my kitchen cabinet. I usually use it to make wings or sandwiches, but then I saw this recipe and knew that I had found a new, awesome use for the sauce. Here it is:


Buffalo Chicken Nachos

8 cups Ranch flavored tortilla chips (I used Cool Ranch Doritos)
4 cups cooked chicken shredded
1 1/2 cups Frank's Buffalo Wing sauce
water
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
1 cup chopped celery

Note: All these measurements are approximate. As with any nachos, adjust ingredients to your personal preference.


Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow dish.

Bring wing sauce and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Add shredded cooked chicken; heat through. Strain the chicken (reserving the sauce) and spread over ranch-flavored tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheddar.

Bake in the upper third portion of the oven until cheese is melted for about 5-7 minutes. After nachos are baked top with blue cheese, chopped celery and the reserved wing sauce.


I didn't really follow this recipe- I mostly used it as a guide. I've actually made nachos several times so it's one of the few things that I have confidence in making without following a recipe perfectly. In my opinion, my way was much easier. I threw in 3 or 4 small-ish boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot with Frank's buffalo wing sauce. After a few hours I shredded the chicken and put it on top of Cool Ranch Doritos. Then I loaded on mozzarella cheese (the chef used cheddar, which is probably also good) and some tomatoes. That's it! The celery didn't sound good to me. I'm unhealthy, I know. Oh, and of course I threw it in the oven for 5 minutes. Easy and super delicious.


Since we're such buffalo-flavored fans in this house, we actually ate this as our main course for dinner. (There are only two of us, and that's a heck of a lot of nachos!) However, it's probably more of an appetizer or party food type thing. It's up to you.


Buffalo Chicken Nachos Buffalo Chicken Nachos Reviewed by Carly on 7:57:00 PM Rating: 5

3 comments

  1. Spicy and blue cheese. Looks like I'd be the only one eating that in our house . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete