Buffalo Chicken Wraps

There's a place here called Tropical Smoothie Cafe, and they have super delicious wraps.  On the rare occasion that we eat out and choose to eat at Tropical Smoothie, I almost always order the Buffalo Chicken Wrap.  Super delicious, although my one complaint is that sometimes they put in too much buffalo sauce.  I love that buffalo flavor, but if you overdo it, it can totally ruin the meal.  So, when I saw this recipe I was excited because I could make it with exactly as much sauce as I wanted.  


 Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Modified from Bev Cooks

1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 pinch freshly ground pepper
1 pinch coarse salt
1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce, divided
1 pound chicken tenders
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
2-3 scallions, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 large flour tortillas



Combine the butter, black pepper, salt and 1/4 cup Frank’s in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for however long you want to. An hour or more.

Heat an indoor grill over medium-high and coat with cooking spray. Add the chicken tenders and grill until cooked through with nice grill marks on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Remove from grill and roughly chop.

Heat up the tortillas in the microwave. Layer some chicken in the center, followed by romaine, tomato, blue cheese dressing, scallions, cheddar, and a few more good glugs of Frank’s. Mix up the filling with a spoon or your fingers so the dressing evenly coats all of the ingredients. Roll up the wrap and tuck in the corners (I suggest searching YouTube for a video as seeing someone do it is the best way to learn).


Looking over this recipe, I knew I was going to change it quite a bit.  (Scallions?  No.)  I made this by cooking boneless, skinless chicken breasts in Frank's hot sauce and then putting the chicken, lettuce, tomato, and mozzarella cheese into the burrito-sized tortilla, rolling it up, spraying the outside of the tortilla with cooking spray, and tossing it on the skillet (turning it around to brown all sides) for a few minutes.  

They actually turned out awesome.  I know it doesn't seem like very many ingredients, but it was perfect. (Feel free to add more if you think other stuff sounds good).  My husband was a huge fan as well.  As much as I like Tropical Smoothie's wraps, I just might have to make my own from now on.


Buffalo Chicken Wraps Buffalo Chicken Wraps Reviewed by Carly on 9:35:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments