Fiesta Ravioli

Before finding this recipe, I only had one other recipe that involved ravioli, which is unfortunate because I actually love love love ravioli.  Since I also love Mexican food, I was excited to give this recipe a try.  Here it is:

FIESTA RAVIOLI
1 pkg. frozen or refrigerated ravioli {I used Buitoni}
1 {10oz.} can enchilada sauce {I used Old El Paso}
1 {16oz.} jar salsa {I LOVE Joe T. Garcia’s, Medium!}
2 cups shredded Colby/Monterrey Jack cheese
Sliced black olives, optional
Now, when I say this is easy…and takes NO time…I couldn’t be more serious.

Cook ravioli according to package. A whopping 9 minutes is what it took for me! The original recipe called for frozen beef ravioli, but I couldn’t find any and I really love the Buitoni cheese ravioli the best. Mmmmmm…. These come two different package sizes and I’ve found that the large size is the BEST!!! Just enough for leftovers {for one} :)

While the ravioli is cooking, combine the enchilada sauce and the salsa in a skillet, stir well, and heat through. Now, I used the medium version of both sauces and it was SPICY for sure. If you wanna tone it down, grab the mild versions of both :) Personally, the spicier the better :)

Drain ravioli and return to pot. Pour in the salsa/sauce combo and toss to coat evenly. Add 2 cups of shredded monterrey/colby cheese and stir well.


This is super easy to make!  I used four cheese ravioli because it's my favorite, but the one downside of doing this was that I had to add my own beef to make the meal more "manly."  However, you could use a ravioli that already has a meat in it and avoid having to add anything.  That's okay though- it was easy enough to just throw some ground beef in at the end.  (Chicken also sounds good though). 

I love this dish.  Easy and delicious.  It seems very kid-friendly as well.  I'll definitely make it again.


Fiesta Ravioli Fiesta Ravioli Reviewed by Carly on 9:16:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments