Chicken Ole!

I very rarely make chicken salad, even though I actually really like it.  I found this recipe and it looked really really good because it was made with fresh chicken and really awesome ingredients.  (In my opinion).  :-)  Here's the recipe:



Chicken Ole
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded or diced
  • 1 (14.5oz) can black beans, rinsed
  • 1 (4oz) can green chiles (don’t drain)
  • 1c shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
  • ⅓c low-fat sour cream or nonfat plain yogurt
  • ⅓c light mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp (1/2 package) taco seasoning
  • juice of 1 lime
  • other: tortilla chips, lime wedges, olive slices to serve
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl combine cooked chicken, black beans, green chiles, and cheese. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasoning and lime juice. Combine well.
  2. Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with lime wedges and/or sliced olives.



I loved this!  We used it as a dip, but you could also put it in rolls or whatever you want.  I followed the recipe exactly (and shredded the chicken) and was scared because it looked nasty but it was actually pretty awesome.  You can also add or take out whatever you want to fit your style.  (For example, I think a lot of people would hate the beans, but would love to add tomatoes or whatever else).  I will definitely use this recipe again.  Oh, and this is a great party food - for all kinds of parties!

And as I mentioned, it looks gross - but don't let the picture fool you.  It's delicious.



Chicken Ole! Chicken Ole! Reviewed by Carly on 8:16:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments