Poppyseed Chicken

Shortly after having my second baby, a sweet friend of mine brought me this for dinner. I was hooked!  Here's the recipe:


Poppyseed Chicken

5 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed 
1 cup sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeves)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 T poppy seeds

Additional Ingredients to make it fancy:
1 tsp Worchestire sauce
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Boil chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/2 onion cut in to large chunks. Cube in to 1" pieces and put in to a casserole dish.

2. Mix together soup, sour cream, and any "extra" ingredients you desire. (I did them all and I highly suggest it.) Pour this sauce over the chicken.

3. Crush Ritz in to a medium-fine consistency and mix in melted butter and poppy seeds. Spread over the top of the casserole.

4. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Or until top is brown. I did 35 minutes and it was perfect.


Sometimes I half the recipe and use an 8x8 dish.  (That's usually enough for 2 adults and 2 small kids). Depends on how many you're feeding I guess.  This also makes great leftovers!



Poppyseed Chicken Poppyseed Chicken Reviewed by Carly on 2:02:00 PM Rating: 5

1 comment