Broccoli Raisin Salad

I know, just the title of this one probably makes you want to gag a little. And don't ask me how or why this actually tastes good, but it does! Even my husband admits it, and he hates broccoli! :-) Here's the recipe, which comes from the Taste of Home Magazine:

Broccoli Raisin Salad

4 cups fresh broccoli florets
3/4 cup golden raisins
1 small red onion ringed and chopped
1/2 cup cashews (optional)

Mix and stir into above ingredients:

1/2 cup Miracle Whip or mayonaise
1 T vinegar
2 T sugar

Top with 3 cooked and crumbled strips of bacon


This is one of my favorite side dishes, but I'd totally eat it as a main dish for lunch or something. It really is good! But for the record, I don't use a whole red onion. I use maybe half or even a little less than half. And don't forget about the bacon!


Broccoli Raisin Salad Broccoli Raisin Salad Reviewed by Carly on 9:15:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments