Buffalo Chicken Pizza

As I've mentioned before, we love anything buffalo flavored. My husband's favorite food in the whole world is pizza, so I was anxious to try this recipe since it combines both pizza and that delicious buffalo flavor.

Ingredients

  • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 (2 ounce) bottle hot sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
  • 1 (16 inch) prepared pizza crust
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl combine the cubed chicken, melted butter and hot sauce. Mix well. Spread whole bottle of salad dressing over crust, then top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing, and serve.



Neither of us had ever had this flavor of pizza before, and I honestly wasn't sure that it was going to turn out. I used Ranch instead of Blue Cheese as the sauce, and this made me nervous. I love Ranch as a dipping sauce for pizza, but the main sauce??? All I knew is that (in my opinion) it was better than Blue Cheese dressing, so I might as well give it a try.

For the chicken, I threw a few chicken breasts in a crock pot with the hot sauce in the early afternoon and it was ready by dinner. (The recipe calls for butter, but I didn't add it and found that it really wasn't necessary). I topped the pizza dough with the Ranch, chicken, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.

The verdict? Yum! We both really enjoyed it. It was a fun change from our usual pizzas and while I could see us getting sick of it if I made it too often, it's perfect to make a few times a year to spice things up a bit.



Buffalo Chicken Pizza Buffalo Chicken Pizza Reviewed by Carly on 3:08:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments