Island Pork Tenderloin

I got this recipe from my mom. In my opinion, it's the only way to eat pork tenderloin. So delicious. Love the unique flavor. I made it a few nights ago and once again we were very pleased with dinner. I have the recipe in a family cookbook, but I found another one online so that I don't have to write it out myself. (Lazy? Yep.) I think it's pretty dang close (if not exactly the same) to the recipe I have.


Ingredients

    16 oz Pork tenderloin,
    .5 tsp salt
    .25 tsp pepper,
    .5 tsp chile powder
    .5 tsp ground cumin
    .5 tsp cinnamon
    .25 c brown sugar
    .5 tbs fresh garlic, finely chopped
    .5 tbs Tabasco sauce


Directions

1. Preheat pven to 350
2. stir together salt, pepper, chile powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with spice rub.
3. heat oil in a skillet over moderately high heat and brown pork, turning, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and tabasco and pat onto top of tenderloin. place pork in a roasting pan and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or internal temp of 170.




This dish is really good with coconut rice, (I should put up that recipe too!) but on this night I didn't have the ingredients for that so I served it with mashed potatoes. Be careful not to overcook it- I have made that mistake a couple times and it's not nearly as good!

Island Pork Tenderloin Island Pork Tenderloin Reviewed by Carly on 11:24:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments