Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps

I love wraps!  These are simple and delicious.  This recipe was my inspiration, but I ended up using my own recipe because it was SO much easier and probably tasted just as good anyway.  So yeah, here's the recipe that gave me the idea to make these, but skip over it and just read what I wrote below it if you want a much simpler version:


*Note: If rotisserie chickens aren’t your thing, go ahead and sub 3 cups of cooked, shredded chicken for the rotisserie.
*Makes 4 wraps
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 (2 1/2 pound) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
1 romaine lettuce heart (about 6 ounces), torn into bite-sized pieces
4 (10-inch) whole-grain tortillas or wraps
DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and garlic. Whisk in the olive oil slowly until thoroughly incorporated.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken and lettuce with the dressing. Divide the chicken/lettuce mixture evenly among the tortillas or wraps. Roll and secure with a toothpick, if desired. Serve.


So I cooked some (3 large ones?) boneless skinless chicken breasts in my crock pot for a few hours in water.  When the chicken was done I took it out of the crock pot, shredded it, and discarded the water in the crock pot.  I then put the shredded chicken back in with caesar dressing (maybe about 3/4 cup?  you can add however much you think tastes good) and some parmesan cheese, and let that cook for about a half an hour until it was warm.  I then assembled the chicken mixture on a tortilla with some romaine lettuce and chopped tomatoes, rolled them up, and served them.  So easy and so yummy!  It made about 4-5 wraps.


Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps Reviewed by Carly on 11:00:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments