IHOP Pancakes

IHOP pancakes are soooo good.  One of my favorite places to eat pancakes for sure.  When I found this recipe floating around Pinterest, it didn't take me long to try it out:

IHOP pancakes

1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/4 c. sugar

Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder,and salt. Mix the egg with the buttermilk and add to the flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Add the melted butter and sugar. Fry on a greased griddle. Serves 4.

While these certainly weren't bad, I didn't think that they tasted like a perfect match to IHOP pancakes, or even a really close one.  My husband thought they were great though, and a LOT of people wrote comments about how amazing these were, so if you adore pancakes, (especially IHOP's) these are probably worth a try.  In my opinion, it's not quite worth the extra work that's required when making pancakes from scratch, but hey, everyone has different taste buds.

I'm still on the lookout for a really awesome pancake recipe, so if anyone knows of one, please share!



IHOP Pancakes IHOP Pancakes Reviewed by Carly on 4:42:00 PM Rating: 5

1 comment

  1. Just Bisquick. But use that super yummy vanilla cream syrup.

    ReplyDelete