Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana

Apparently this recipe is a copycat recipe from one of Olive Garden's most popular soups.  I have never eaten it from Olive Garden, but when I saw it, it looked delicious so I had to try it.  (Especially because I really want lots of simple yet yummy soup recipes!)  Here's the recipe:

  • 1 lb. sausage
  • 2 large russet baking potatoes , sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
  • 1 large onion , chopped
  • 1/4 c. bacon bits (optional)
  • 2 garlic cloves , minced
  • 2 c. kale or swiss chard , chopped
  • 16 oz. can chicken broth
  • 1 quart water
  • 1 c. heavy whipping cream

  1. Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
  2. Place cooked sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes and onion in the slow cooker.
  3. Cover & Crock on High for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
  4. Optional: Mash the potatoes a bit with a potato masher for texture.
  5. Turn the slow cooker off and add the kale.
  6. Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes.
  7. Stir in whipping cream and serve.

I really really liked this!  I was worried that it wouldn't have that much flavor, but it definitely had plenty and me and my husband both loved it.  It also smells heavenly as it's cooking.  I used spicy sausage but you can just use your favorite kind.  (Spicy is definitely SPICY so only do that kind if you love spicy food).

Serve as an appetizer or as the main dish with yummy bread.  :-)




Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Reviewed by Carly on 1:06:00 PM Rating: 5

2 comments