Chipotle Guacamole

A month or so ago we were at Chipotle and my husband was raving about the guacamole.  It actually looked relatively simple so I came home and searched online for the recipe.  This is what I found:


Individual sized recipe:2 Hass Avocados
1/2 of a Jalapeno pepper, seeded, and minced
1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
2 heaping Tablespoons of Cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 of a lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl, and mash together until smooth. Add additional lime juice or salt to taste. For extra spicy guacamole, you can leave in the jalepeno seeds!
Notes: This recipe is an approximation based on the original Chipotle recipe below. Please use it as a base for your guacamole creation, and feel free to make improvements based on your own personal preferences.

Super easy and delicious!  Be warned that it does not have the strongest flavor ever, but I like that because I love avocados and I don't think it's necessary to add a million other ingredients to make good guacamole.  Also, I think that I probably didn't add quite as much onion as they recommended.  I really didn't want to overdo it on the onions. And I recommend adding a little extra salt.  (And using kosher salt if you have it).  



Chipotle Guacamole Chipotle Guacamole Reviewed by Carly on 9:31:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments