Copycat White Castle Sliders

Apparently, these are a copycat recipe of some sliders from White Castle. If you ask me though, they're better than anything from there. ;-) (I don't love White Castle all that much.) My husband says these are one of his top 5 favorite things that I make. I call them "guy party food." Here's the recipe:


White Castle Sliders
 

Serves: 40 rolls

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped fine
  • 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
  • 0.5 (1¼ ounce) package onion soup mix (see Note)
  • 40 slider rolls, sliced in half
  • 40 slices dill pickles

Instructions
  1. Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
  2. Stir in cheese and soup mix and cook over low heat until cheese melts.
  3. Spread burger mixture on buns. I used a cupcake scooper to do this to make it easier. Place rolls on a baking dish.
  4. You can wrap the whole pan in foil or each sandwich individually.
  5. Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes or until nice and toasty.
  6. Remove foil and top each sandwich with a pickle.
  7. Serve immediately with ketchup and mustard if desired on top.
Notes
Each Lipton Onion Soup Mix packet comes with 2 (.5 ounce) packets but note that the recipe only calls for one.

This recipe can yield between 24 and 40 sandwiches depending on how big you slider rolls are.



I prefer mine without the pickle, but my husband agrees with the lady who made the recipe that the pickle is perfect. I don't think they need ketchup or mustard, but go for the condiments if you want to! Oh, and I don't use a full small onion. I use maybe half to three-quarters of one.

Also, when I did this I ended up with only about 15 sliders, but mine were on the bigger side.


Copycat White Castle Sliders Copycat White Castle Sliders Reviewed by Carly on 12:46:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments