Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

While I wouldn't consider myself obsessed with pumpkin flavored stuff, there are a few pumpkin things that I love.... and this is one of them. My friend made them for girls night and I loved them so much that I demanded the recipe right then and there. :-) They are relatively cake-y and light, and oh so delicious.

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 2/3  c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 16 oz. can pumpkin

2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. cloves

Beat together first 4 ingredients until fluffy.  Stir together dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mix and mix.  Put in ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Test with toothpick.

Cream Cheese Frosting

3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Slowly add powdered sugar and mix well.

Mmmm, these are awesome. Definitely a Fall favorite around here! In my opinion, this was just barely enough frosting, (but I really love cream cheese frosting!) so feel free to add just a bit more to it if you want. These are delicious and it makes a lot so bring some to friends!


Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Reviewed by Carly on 8:39:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments