Simple Chicken Salad

I stumbled on this recipe and figured I'd try it since I like most of the recipes from this food blogger. It looked almost too simple to be any good but I was pleasantly surprised. Here's the recipe:


INGREDIENTS

  • 3 cups cooked chicken, diced (I like to use rotisserie chicken)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/3 cup sliced green onions
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and combine well. The salt will need about 30 minutes to dissolve. Add more salt if needed and add pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
  2. Serve on sliced bread or croissants. For a low-carb version serve as lettuce wraps or all alone.


I added some avocado to this to give it a little something extra since I took out the celery. (The texture of celery bugs me). It was delicious. It was good plain but it would be great to add into croissants or whatever. I used a Costco rotisserie chicken. So good! 



Simple Chicken Salad Simple Chicken Salad Reviewed by Carly on 6:52:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments