Homemade Wassail (Christmas Punch)

 Growing up, my mom would make wassail every Christmas Eve. It became known as "Christmas punch" in our family. I didn't even know it had a name until I was about 25. Haha! Anyway, there are a lot of versions out there but this is one of my favorites:


Wassail

2 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp allspice
10 cloves
1 quart apple cider
1 large orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 liter gingerale/Sprite

Combine in a large pot and heat on stove to desired temperature.


I cut this recipe in half since it was just for my family and it ended up being a good amount. So delicious! I can't wait until next Christmas so I can make it again! 😀




Homemade Wassail (Christmas Punch) Homemade Wassail (Christmas Punch) Reviewed by Carly on 7:12:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments