Copycat Chili's Queso Dip

This was my first time making queso! I'm happy to report that it was both easy and delicious! Here's the recipe:


INGREDIENTS

  • 16 oz . Velveeta Cheese
  • 1 cup milk (or half and half for an even creamier version)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (15-oz) can no-bean chili (like Hormel)
  • 3 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • tortilla chips, for serving


INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cut Velveeta cheese into cubes. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker (can also be heated on the stove without a slow cooker). Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
  2. Stir together and keep on low until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!


I went pretty easy on the spices, and it seemed to be perfect, so I'd absolutely recommend that. I practically just halved them. (Maybe a tiny bit more.) You can always add more later if you want. Anyway, my friend had some and said, "Wow! This tastes just like Chili's queso! Haha. So I consider that a win.




Copycat Chili's Queso Dip Copycat Chili's Queso Dip Reviewed by Carly on 7:50:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments