Chocolate Chip Cookies (made with Crisco)

Okay, I already have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I love, but this one is my second favorite. The texture is different because of the Crisco. I'm actually a huge butter fan, and will sing the praises of using real butter all day every day, but I DO like the texture of these cookies. Anyway, I just wanted to have this recipe written down too. (These are my friend's husbands cookies, hence the name) :-)


Trent's Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 packed brown sugar
1 cup butter flavored crisco (or softened butter)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (for these cookies, I use a blend of milk chocolate, semi sweet, and white chocolate)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, crisco, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake 8 minutes only and then take them out (they may look underdone) and let them stay on the cookie sheet for a few more minutes. It is also great to cool the dough in the fridge before cooking them, but not necessary.


Like I said, these are super good. Super soft. Not as fluffy as my normal cookies, but I like to mix it up sometimes. I also love the mix of chocolate chip flavors. They're definitely worth a try!





Chocolate Chip Cookies (made with Crisco) Chocolate Chip Cookies (made with Crisco) Reviewed by Carly on 4:13:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments