Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler

Apple crisp/cobbler is one of my favorite desserts.  I'm on the hunt for a really awesome recipe.  This one looked SO easy, (and it was!) so I was excited to try it.  Here it is:

Ingredients:

1Yellow Cake Mix
20 oz can of Apple Pie Filling
6 Tablespoons of butter, melted

Directions:

Dump your can of Apple Pie Filling into the bottom of your slow cooker. 
Spread your yellow cake mix over the apple pie filling. 
Then spoon your butter onto the cake mix - DON'T mix the cake mix and butter around. The moisture will make it cook. 
Cook on High for 4 hours in your slow cooker.

Be careful when making this - I cooked it on low for about 3 hours - not high for 4 hours like the recipe calls for, and it was totally done and probably would have burned had I let it cook any longer.  

I thought it was pretty good, but certainly not amazing.  I think I'll probably end up using it again, simply because it requires so few ingredients and time.  However, I'm still definitely on the lookout for something better!


Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler Reviewed by Carly on 4:33:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments