Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole

I really need to have this copy on hand, because there are a LOT of versions of this dish but this one is my favorite. It's actually simpler than most versions, but I like it that way. Funeral potatoes that have too much stuff in them aren't my thing. (or my kids' thing!) But my whole family loves these. Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 pounds frozen hashbrowns
  • 2 cups freshly grated cheddar divided
  • 8 ounces sour cream
  • 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cracked pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
  2. Mix together the hashrbowns, 1 1/2 cups cheddar, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, onions, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
  3. Spread the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the top.
  4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
  5. Serve hot.


I actually even leave out the onions usually and it's still so flavorful and delicious. It's such a great side dish for big gatherings, especially holidays!


Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Reviewed by Carly on 6:30:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments