Chicken Roll Ups

I got this recipe from Tara Thueson's blog. So yummy. There are a lot of versions of this recipe out there, but I think this one is my favorite.

Ingredients

3 large cooked and shredded chicken breasts (2 cups shredded chicken) (it's okay if it's a little more)
8 oz tub of chive and onion cream cheese
16 regular refrigerated crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 box crushed stuffing mix (I used chicken flavored)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix chicken and cream cheese to make the filling.
Place 2 Tbsp on each roll at the wide end and roll up.
Dip each roll into melted butter and roll into the stuffing.
Place in greased 9x13 pan.
Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes until they are golden brown.
Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened.
Pour over top of rolls when serving.


One thing I want to note about cooking them: make sure the roll-ups aren't touching each other, or the sides won't cook all the way. This will probably mean you'll need more than one pan. (That's a mistake I won't make again, ha! I had to stick them back in the oven). I used a Costco rotisserie chicken. I had shredded up a couple of them and I think I used about 1 1/2, but you can probably get away with just one if you're good at getting aaaaall the meat off of it. :-) The gravy is good, but totally not necessary if you want to skip it. My whole family liked these!


Chicken Roll Ups Chicken Roll Ups Reviewed by Carly on 8:19:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments