BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Right after I got married I started making awesome quesadillas, if I do say so myself.  Along with the cheese, I'd add some sort of meat, chopped tomatoes, and pickled jalapeno peppers.  My husband was in heaven.  Then, when I was at my sister's house, she said that she usually used BBQ chicken as her meat.  I'd never used that before, so I tried it.  YUM!  I think it's my new favorite.

You can definitely change this around, but this is how I make BBQ chicken quesadillas:  


Ingredients:
chicken
BBQ sauce
burrito-sized tortillas
cheese
other fillings of your choice  (tomatoes, peppers, etc)


First, I cook a couple of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.  I then shred them and mix them with BBQ sauce.  I place one tortilla on a skillet over low to medium-low heat.  I then cover the top of it with cheddar or mexican-style cheese, (whatever cheese you think sounds good would work) followed by some of the BBQ chicken, jalapeno peppers, and chopped tomatoes.  Once the cheese has started to melt pretty nicely, I add another tortilla to the top of it and flip the whole thing over.  (Make sure the cheese has started melting or else when you flip it over the cheese and other toppings might fly out!)  I let that sit for another minute and then pull the whole thing out.  Then I cut it up like a pizza and serve.  Repeat for more quesadillas.



Delicious!  I haven't found any at our grocery store, but if you happen to find tortillas that you cook yourself, (SUPER easy to do) get those.  They make the quesadillas even better.


BBQ Chicken Quesadillas BBQ Chicken Quesadillas Reviewed by Carly on 9:36:00 AM Rating: 5

1 comment

  1. Costco has those uncooked tortillas. But I don't buy them anymore. I eat them. Raw.

    ReplyDelete