Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad

I ate this dish at a big ward party and thought it was delicious.  I came home and tried to find a recipe online, but couldn't find the exact one.  (I'm sure this is because the lady who made it didn't actually use a recipe).  :-)  Anyway, this one's kind of close, so I used it as a guide:


Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package colored rotini pasta
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 large cucumber, chopped
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
  • 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced

Directions

  1. Bring 4 quarts of water to a rapid boil (2 teaspoons of salt can be added, optional). Add rotini. Return water to rapid boil and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse in cold water.
  2. Combine cooked pasta with tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cucumber, broccoli, mushrooms, olives and Italian salad dressing. Cover and chill. Toss salad before serving.



I basically just cooked the pasta and then threw in pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, and the Italian dressing.  I also added some feta at the end, although that's not in the picture.  Most recipes call for broccoli, mushrooms, etc.... but none of those things appealed to me. 

My only mistake was serving this as a main dish.  It's definitely a side dish.  :-)  It's pretty good though, and great for big parties.


Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad Reviewed by Carly on 8:32:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments