Southwest Spaghetti

I don't eat normal spaghetti unless there are lots and lots of meatballs.  For me, spaghetti should never just be noodles and sauce.  Sooo, when a friend recommended this recipe to me, (thanks Dana!) I knew I'd probably love it.  It's like spaghetti on steroids.  Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
12 oz uncooked spaghetti 
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 jar(26 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can ripe olives, drained and sliced
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and salsa

Directions:
cook spaghetti according to package directions. meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
stir in the taco seasoning, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. 
drain spaghetti and stir into the turkey mixture.

transfer to a greased 9 by 13 in baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered, at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.





Totally loved this!  Before I made this, I had only cooked with ground turkey one other time and there wasn't much flavor in that dish, so I've been waiting for another recipe that uses ground turkey so I could give it another try.  And this dish has SO much flavor.  It made me love ground turkey so much more.

I accidentally forgot to buy lettuce so I didn't add that at the end, but I added everything else and it was perfect.  My husband (and baby!) were both fans as well.  I will definitely be making this again.


Southwest Spaghetti Southwest Spaghetti Reviewed by Carly on 10:03:00 AM Rating: 5

2 comments

  1. Are you sure about the ground turkey?? It really was good? Because I have NEVER had ground turkey that I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good I am glad that you like it! We aren't big spaghetti people either and so when I found this recipe, we have adopted it as our "spaghetti". Katelyn loves it every time I make it.

    ReplyDelete