Baked Chicken Nuggets

I kinda like chicken nuggets, and I actually prefer them to be homemade. I've never actually made them before, and wasn't really sure what to do, so I used this recipe as a guide:


Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 164.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g Sugar: 0.1 g


  • 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp panko
  • 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.

Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.


I was seriously surprised by how much I liked these. They actually tasted much more like mini breaded chicken breasts, but whatever - I guess that's sort of what chicken nuggets are anyway right? They had lots of flavor. I still served them with ketchup, but we didn't even feel that they needed the ketchup. We ate them with cheese ravioli and veggies and it made an awesome meal. They could also be served as an appetizer. I'll definitely make these again.

Baked Chicken Nuggets Baked Chicken Nuggets Reviewed by Carly on 10:27:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments