Puffed Pancakes

I found this recipe and was surprised that I'd never even heard of it - I love breakfast foods and thought that I'd pretty much heard of (and tried!) almost every breakfast food there is. So on a lazy Sunday evening, I made this for dinner. :-)

puffed pancakes:

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

preheat oven to 425 degrees.
whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
while the oven is preheating, melt the butter in a pie pan or 9 inch square pan.
pour the batter into the hot melted buttered pan.
bake 10-12 minutes (or until the pancake is firm and has puffed around the edges).

the pancake will shrink down a bit after coming out of the oven (that's ok.) serve right away with lemon juice, powdered sugar, maple syrup, or fruit.



One of my favorite things about this recipe is that I think it's simpler than pancakes. One pancake is never enough, so you have to make a bunch of them, and that takes a while. With this, eating just one is plenty. Another one of my favorite things about this recipe is the cinnamon. Yum. Don't leave it out.

Anyway, I wasn't blown-away-super-impressed by the puffed pancake, but I did like it well enough to probably make again. I had mine with syrup, although I think it would be even better with strawberries and some powdered sugar.


Puffed Pancakes Puffed Pancakes Reviewed by Carly on 9:12:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments