Cobb Salad Sandwich

Oh my goodness, I love a good cobb salad. The only problem is that I usually eat everything in the salad except for the actual lettuce.... because why waste stomach room on the lettuce when there are so many more delicious things in there? This sandwich recipe is perfect because it's just like a cobb salad, except that's it's not an actual salad, it's a croissant sandwich. Yep, definitely perfect. Here's the recipe (except that it's hardly a recipe, more like "assembly instructions"):

Makes: 4 sandwiches
Ingredients

4 croissants, cut in half lengthwise
4 lettuce leaves
1 tomato, sliced
4 slices of crisply cooked bacon, halved
8 slices of deli ham, turkey, or chicken
4 slices of red onion
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, mayonnaise, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing

Directions

1. Spread your choice of mayonnaise, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing on both halves of the croissant.

2. Layer one half of each croissant with lettuce, tomato, bacon, 2 slices of ham (or turkey\chicken), onion, sliced egg, 2 avocado slices, and a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles. Place other croissant half on top and enjoy!


Basically, I just piled on little mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon, smoked deli turkey, swiss cheese, (my husband doesn't like blue cheese) Ranch dressing, onion, and plenty of avocado onto a buttery croissant. I would've loved some hard boiled egg on it too, but again, my husband doesn't like those either, (picky!) :-) and I was too lazy to hard boil an egg for just me. It was super good, and the cleanup was a piece of cake. I enjoyed every bite, and my husband's exact words were, "Now that's a flippin sandwich." Yes it is.

Cobb Salad Sandwich Cobb Salad Sandwich Reviewed by Carly on 9:42:00 PM Rating: 5

1 comment

  1. All of these look really good. Dad doesn't like blue cheese either, but I sure do. Any kind of cheese sounds pretty good though. I'll have to try these recipes.

    ReplyDelete