World's Best (and easiest) Salmon

I love salmon, so it is unfortunate that I've never been very good at making it. My mom makes excellent salmon, and even though she insists that her recipe is easy, (and it probably is) mine never turns out like hers. So when I saw this recipe, I figured that if it really was the world's "easiest" salmon, that I would have a pretty good chance of not screwing it up. Here's the recipe:

Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!) or honey
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    2-3 cloves minced garlic
    12 ounces fresh or thawed salmon
Directions

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a gallon-size ziploc bag, shake it up, and then add the salmon. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for an hour, turning after half an hour. Pour the salmon and the marinade into a baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes easily at the thickest part. Enjoy! Makes (4) 3 ounce servings.


I used honey instead of the syrup, and low sodium soy sauce because sometimes soy sauce is just too salty for me. And it was so delicious! I didn't think it looked that great when I pulled it out of the oven, but both me and my husband were pleasantly surprised. My husband doesn't love salmon, and it has to be cooked really well for him to enjoy it, and he liked it too! I think the key ingredient for me was the honey. I am a sucker for sweet things. The world's best salmon? Probably not, but it was pretty dang good, and pretty dang easy. I'm sure I'll use this recipe again.

World's Best (and easiest) Salmon World's Best (and easiest) Salmon Reviewed by Carly on 8:16:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments