Oven Roasted Red Potatoes

Usually when I make potatoes as a side dish, I make instant mashed potatoes. Sad? Yes. It's just so much easier, and they actually don't taste half bad. The one exception to this is when I make a roast- I will usually throw some potatoes in there because it takes minimal effort. Anyway, I decided I need some potato recipes, so I found this one online:

Ingredients

  • 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 2 pounds red potatoes, halved
  • 1/3 cup olive oil

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. In a large plastic bag, combine the soup mix, red potatoes and olive oil. Close bag, and shake until potatoes are fully covered.
  3. Pour potatoes into a medium baking dish; bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally.


This recipe was easy and took minimal effort, which was great. It didn't taste half bad, either. I have definitely had better oven roasted potatoes, but I don't have those recipes, so this is a good substitute for now. My husband liked it a lot, and I think he was happy to have a break from the instant mashed potatoes. :-)

A lot of the reviewers of this recipe said that they followed the directions but added their own choice of spices to the bag instead of the soup mix. (garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, rosemary.... personally I think rosemary sounds yummy) I might have to experiment with different spices. Oh, and if anyone has a really great oven roasted potatoes recipe, please share!

Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Reviewed by Carly on 1:00:00 PM Rating: 5

2 comments

  1. These sound super yummy! I can't wait ti try them! I make oven roasted potatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and some rosemary and maybe some garlic. I usually add zucchini and squash in with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds nice and easy. I think crock pot potatoes are the worst! I don't even like them cooked with a roast in the oven either, so it's nice to have these other options.

    ReplyDelete