Chicken Parmesan Bake

Until this recipe, I have never had much luck making chicken parmesan. My chicken always turns out bland, dry, or both. And this recipe is seriously SO easy. The instructions for making it is actually a short video, which you can watch here, but here are the ingredients:


Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed

hot red pepper flakes, to taste

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil

8 oz mozzarella, shredded

4 oz Parmesan, grated

1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons



So the chef says to cook it for 35 minutes, but the first time I made this, my chicken wasn't done for closer to an hour. By then, a lot of the croutons were burned. LAME, because garlic croutons are so yummy. So, the second time I made this, (which was tonight for dinner) I put in the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and chicken, and cooked just those for about 20 minutes..... and then added the rest of the ingredients and cooked it for another 15 minutes. I also used thin chicken breasts, which helped cut down the cooking time. It turned out much better tonight. By the way, my oven is old and ghetto, so if you have a nice one, you could probably cook this dish the way the chef does it and have it turn out just fine.

Anyway, if you are already a pro at making chicken parmesan, stick with it. However, if you're looking for a new chicken parmesan recipe, definitely give this one a try. It isn't the best chicken parmesan I've ever tasted, but it's certainly not the worst, and it's the best that
I've ever made- by far. I'll probably put this into our regular dinner rotation.

Chicken Parmesan Bake Chicken Parmesan Bake Reviewed by Carly on 9:30:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments