Pizza Bread

My husband's favorite food has been pizza since as early as he can remember. He loves pizza in all forms, so he was super excited for me to try this pizza bread recipe. I was excited too - I had never made pizza bread before, and this recipe seemed pretty easy. Here it is:


Bloomin' Pizza Bread
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything; inspired from the Changing Table

1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
12-16 ounces mozzarella or Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
pizza/marinara sauce for dipping

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.

Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet and insert cheese slices and pepperoni between cuts. Combine butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings. Drizzle or brush over bread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle bread with Parmesan cheese.

Wrap bread completely in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is a little crispy.


I loved how cheap this was for me to make. I already had all of the ingredients in my fridge except for the pepperoni and the bread, and Walmart had the perfect loaf of sourdough bread for super cheap. (I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart, but on this day, I loved Walmart).

Anyway, my one mistake with this recipe was putting in extra cheese. I thought that more cheese would be awesome (who doesn't love more cheese?) but in this case it really was just too cheesy in some parts. It's my own dang fault for not following the recipe.... sometimes I forget that I really have no idea what I'm doing in the kitchen, hence me being an avid recipe-follower, not recipe-maker. :-) Other than that, this bread was yummy. The Italian seasonings made it taste like an appetizer from a restaurant. I served mine with pizza sauce, but I'm sure marinara sauce would have been just as great. (They taste the same to me). If you love pizza, you'll love this pizza bread.


Pizza Bread Pizza Bread Reviewed by Carly on 9:43:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments