Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue

I love some good BBQ. I love some good, easy BBQ even more. I tried this recipe for the first time about 6 months ago and have used it several times since. It's different from the usual chicken/BBQ sauce combo and sooo yummy. Here it is:

Ingredients

  • 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

  1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
  2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.




Sometimes I leave out the Worcestershire sauce and I can't tell a difference, so if you don't have it and don't normally cook with it, save the money. However, every other ingredient is necessary for this recipe in order to fully appreciate it. The brown sugar makes it just a little sweet, and the Italian dressing is what really makes this recipe different from the others.

I just realized that I cook with Italian dressing/dry Italian dressing a lot. At least lately I do. Hmmm. No idea if that's coincidence, or if I gravitate towards recipes with that ingredient? Weird.

Anyway, this recipe is easy and super good. I usually serve it in hamburger buns, with a side of chips. However, you could serve it with veggies or fruit if you're more health-conscious.

Oh, and we love BBQ sauce a lot around here, so I bust out our favorite BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's) and we add even more of it to our sandwiches. I don't use that brand to actually cook the chicken in though- I usually use the cheapest BBQ sauce I can find for the crock pot, and then add the good stuff to the sandwich later. Saves money.


Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue Reviewed by Carly on 3:52:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments