"Best Peanut Butter Cookies EVER"

Whenever a chef claims a recipe to be the best EVER, it catches my eye. Surprisingly, I don't see it as often as you'd think. Anyway, I don't have an absolutely amazing peanut butter cookie recipe, so I decided to try this one since the chef claimed that it was awesome.

Make your own:
1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup margarine
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, margarine, brown sugar and white sugar. Then, beat in the eggs and vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.

Form dough into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheets. Crisscross each cookie with a fork to flatten slightly.

Bake for 10 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven, until just lightly browned. Don’t over bake them—over baked cookies might as well be crackers. Ick!

Let the cookies cool and chow down. These go best with a cold glass of milk.

***If you don’t have time to bake these, just get a spoonful of peanut butter and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. It’s like a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie for slackers.



I used butter instead of margarine, so they weren't as fluffy as they'd normally be, but they were still super delicious. I'm not sure that they are any better than any other good peanut butter cookie recipe, but since the only recipe I'd used before this one was pretty blah, I was super happy with it. I didn't have chocolate chips to add to it, (bummer) but the peanut butter was good enough for me. I think I ate like five of them right out of the oven.

"Best Peanut Butter Cookies EVER" "Best Peanut Butter Cookies EVER" Reviewed by Carly on 9:45:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments