Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

I found this recipe almost a year ago (when I was first starting to spread my cooking wings) and was pleased with it. I made it last night for the first time in several months and was happy to find that I am still pleased with it. :-) Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

Servings:

2

Units: US | Metric

Directions:

  1. 1
    Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
  2. 2
    In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
  3. 3
    Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
  4. 4
    Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

So I change it slightly by adding fresh tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes (for the record, I prefer it with sun-dried tomatoes but sadly my husband doesn't like them....and he adores fresh tomatoes whereas I don't absolutely adore sun-dried tomatoes, so he wins....haha) and I usually don't add the parmesan cheese.... not because I don't like it with parmesan cheese, but because I always forget. Also, I usually cut my chicken into cubes instead of strips - this makes it cook faster and easier to eat.

I use lots of cajun seasoning because I love the strong (and somewhat spicy) flavor, but you can adjust how much seasoning you use to what you prefer. Also, I use heavy cream like the recipe calls for, but you could also probably also use half and half. Oh, and it says to use "1-2 cups" of cream, but I always use just one cup and it's more than enough.

Very easy and delicious. Enjoy!


Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Reviewed by Carly on 2:02:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments