Pulled Chicken Sammies

I was craving something easy for dinner the other night, and this recipe looked pretty simple. I know that all my recipes are fairly easy, but I really wanted something that required minimal effort. I guess it was one of those days. :) We love both chicken and sandwiches around here, so easy pulled chicken sammies seemed like it would do the trick.


Pulled Chicken Suiza Sammies

Serves 4
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, chopped (all I had was half an onion)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups salsa verde (I used Goya brand)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 rotisserie-style chicken, skin discarded and meat shredded
4 sandwich rolls, split
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese

Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa and heat through. Mix in the sour cream. Add sauce a little at a time to your bowl of shredded chicken. YOU MAY NOT NEED ALL THE SAUCE depending on how much shredded chicken you have. Stir in the sauce to coat.
Pile the chicken mixture on the roll bottoms. Top with the cheese and broil to melt. Set the roll tops in place and serve with the chips. *I have lettuce in my picture but I liked it better without!

*Recipe Notes: My meat was a little on the wet side because I didn't get all of the dark meat off the chicken so my meat to sauce ratio was a little off. You may want to make the sauce and then add as much as you like to your meat.



I followed this recipe pretty closely except that I didn't use salsa verde - I used my own salsa because I still had a ton of it. This probably made it taste relatively different, but that's okay. It was still pretty good. Not amazing, but good. The only thing I would change for next time is that I would use regular white onion instead of red onion. I usually like red onion, but I didn't really like it on this sandwich. And next time, I might try it with salsa verde to see if that makes the difference between a good sandwich, which we had, and an awesome sandwich, which the chef claims that she had. :-)

Pulled Chicken Sammies Pulled Chicken Sammies Reviewed by Carly on 10:16:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments